BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today was a good day! I LOVE Sundays. I Love focusing my time on missionary work. It is so uplifting. Oh, there are days and times when I am frustrated but I remind myself that all will be accomplished in the Lord's time. I just need to be ready, willing and able to do as He will when the time comes.

We have finished our Temple Prep class. We were teaching one of the military members who is very excited to be going to the temple soon. He was baptized a little over a year ago. His wife is state-side and he will be joining her soon. It would be great to be able to go to the temple with him but that is not to be.

We will be starting up an Institute class within the next few weeks. We are waiting for one of the students to return. She is a teacher and went to visit her family for the summer. We expect her back within a week or two since school starts soon.

It is so amazing that when you spend your time thinking, praying and serving others your troubles seem to melt away. We are currently providing a very unique service for a neighbor of the younger missionaries. We are "dog sitting". His name is Chico (key-ko). He is very well behaved and once he became familiar with where he was to go to the bathroom, he has actually been very pleasant. Elder Warner is getting somewhat attached but I will be glad to be back to less hair floating around our apartment.

One of the ways we help the military member is to help out with "callings" (duties) within the local Branch. Elder Warner is the Branch Clerk and I am teaching a Primary class. I LOVE teaching primary. I have 3 boys (American) and 1 girl (Italian). The girl does not speak or understand English so one of the younger missionaries comes with her to Primary to translate. As a matter of fact she is the only Italian in the entire Primary.

We are loving our mission and are so glad we chose to serve. There is no blessing that can compare with full-time service for the Lord. I hear of some couples who come to their mission just to go home within a few weeks because it was not what they were expecting. In Primary I am teaching about the Church History. When I compare the struggles the early saints went through compared to our small health issues and dog hair, there is no comparison. If I want the blessings they received, quitting is not an option. We just press forward, pray and keep our eyes and hearts open to revelation from the Lord.

Remember: "I the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." Doctrine & Covenants 82:10

There is no greater work aside from being a parent that produces such growth and peace and blessings.

We miss all of you and wish you well. All our love, Elder & Sister Warner

3 comments:

laura.elizabeth said...

I love Sunday's too and am so sad I could not be there yesterday. Thanks for all the help you and Elder Warner give in our branch- you guys are great. A special thanks for putting up with my son in Primary. We are having yet another FHE lesson on reverence tonight- I am hoping and praying it makes a difference. We love you guys. Have a great week!

Campbell Clan said...

Brother and Sister Warner, I am so glad you are in our branch. You both have made such a difference. Sister Warner, thank you so much for serving in Primary. The difference in our children to have a regular teacher can be seen. You are the best and you too Brother Warner. I do not look forward to the day you return home, so for now I will enjoy seeing your smiling faces and knowing you are here now. We love you, The Campbells

curtjen said...

I'm not surprised you are so well liked in your branch. You guys are such great parents and tried your best to teach us the right. I know you are doing the same in your branch. You both have such big hearts and I am so blessed to have you as my mom and dad. Love you both and we pray for you every night.

-Emily