BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 6, 2009

I LOVE being on a mission! Words cannot describe the joy of missionary work. How great it is for the youth of our church to have this experience at the beginning of their adult life where they now have such spiritual strength and a lot more wisdom as to the importance of decisions that will affect their eternal life.


We too have grown tremendously in the last year. A year! A year? We can't believe it's been a whole year since we have left our loved ones at home, yet at the same time it feels like we have been here our entire lives and will grow old and die here (don't worry kids, the Church is sending us our return ticket).


It has been very fascinating to view others and their relationship with God and their observance in their religion. Granted this is a highly populated area of Catholicism where the religion has been a major force for centuries, but as I look at others I reflect on my relationship with God and my observance of my religion. Do I go to church just to go to church or for appearances to others; is my worship truly worship where I am focused on my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ, to show gratitude for the blessings in my life, to renew my covenants with the partaking of the sacrament with real intent, to learn what I should learn, to serve as He would serve? I think this is a constant concept we must ponder on and continually work at if we are to become the people of God, a Zion people.


This is what I am learning as a missionary. To be a truly righteous daughter of God, and show my gratitude by doing the things He would have me do; to take upon me his name and do his will:

  • To love God with all my heart, might, mind and soul;
  • To love my neighbor as myself.

This is what I am learning to do to a greater degree than ever before and I love the feeling of joy and peace I receive by doing this.


1 comments:

emilein said...

thank you so much mom for this thought. It has helped me also reflect on my relationship with the Lord. I need to be reflecting on that relationship a lot more. It makes me happy to hear that you are really enjoying your time. I know you and dad are touching the lives of others. You both have such strong testimonies. Love you!