BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 7, 2009

PLAN OF SALVATION - for you

Some of my children have asked me to send them my PLAN OF SALVATION kit that I showed on the blog "I am thankful for my experience in Italy". I thought I would post it online in case anyone else wanted it for their use.


I got the idea from one of the missionaries, Elder Bradford. His sister had created one for him that was in Italian. I love to play with Photoshop Elements, probably to much, so here is what I came up with. It is not professional and you can tell it it made by an amateur, but I had fun doing it and the families we teach seem to like it.

You will most definitely want to be sure to print the pages out at 8.5"X11" in order for the dimensions to be correct.


Be sure to watch out for shadows, like with the arrows and the title scroll.

Also, I use clear contact laminate in order to make the spirits. I start by cutting the boy and girl out including the background (the boy's blue background and the girl's pink background). Then I fold the contact laminate to it's self and scotch tape the boy or girl to the laminate. That way I can cut out the person and the spirit at the same time and they will be the correct proportions.

I like to make more than one set of spirits; that way there will be spirits in the pre-earth when the boy or girl are born to the earth.

When I'm explaining the plan of salvation to people, I will put the body under the "RIP" to signify the burial of the body while the spirit goes to the spirit world.

I would love to hear how your teaching goes and any suggestions for making the kit better.

Have Fun!

1 comments:

emilein said...

Thanks for this. I remember that I really liked it now. You've got skills in Photoshop Elements. Way to go!